How to Set Up a Website
Having a website is so important to today’s small business owner. But, creating a website can seem daunting, especially if you don’t think you’re the techy type. Well it’s time to embrace your inner geek and learn to build a site from scratch.
Here is a step by step guide of how to set up your website.
Let’s get our geek on!
1. First you need to set up a domain name (ie www.myawesomewebsite.com) and a hosting account.
Siteground is my go-to hosting company where you can get your first domain for free! Already have a domain? No problem.
– Click on WordPress Services in the main menu > choose WordPress Hosting > then choose the Startup Plan
-Choose I already have a domain or register for a new one for free
-Period: you decide how you would like to pay (12, 24, 36 months)
2. Install WordPress
Once your hosting is set up Siteground will install WordPress for free in just a few clicks.
3. Install the best WordPress Theme ever!
Divi Theme from Elegant Themes is a WordPress theme that allows for front-end easy editing.
– Set up a personal account with Elegant Themes here…
– Click green button that says “Join to Download”
– Choose Personal Account and sign up
– Login and Download the “DIVI THEME” to your computer
4. Upload Divi Theme to your WordPress website.
-login to new WordPress website and follow the video below
5. Additional Resources
Wondering where to start when it comes to actually designing your web page? Download a copy of The Brand Workbook to uncover your brand’s style.